The 7mm-08 with 139-140gr loads does well against 150gr .308 Win. loads, providing good energy levels with usually less recoil than the .308 Win.  The 7mm-08 invites a ballistic comparison with the veteran, highly esteemed 7×57mm Mauser.
Get rid of outlier matlab
- Sep 14, 2018 · 7mm-08 Remington: The 7mm-08 Remington originated as a wildcat centerfire rifle cartridge and was standardized by Remington in 1980. It is the .308 Winchester brass necked down to a bullet diameter of .284″, and was factory loaded with 120 grain bullets at 3,000 feet per second and 140 grain bullets at 2,860 feet per second at the muzzle.
- Low Recoil. What makes the HSM Low Recoil rifle rounds so radically different, so unique, is they all feature full, standard weight-for-caliber hunting bullets! There is no compromise in performance and accuracy when compared to bullets found topping other low recoil ammunition. A “Magic Bullet,” indeed!
Reducing felt recoil by up to 70 percent, the customized LimbSaver AirTech Precision-Fit Recoil Pad for Wood Stocks is designed to specifically fit a variety of rifles, shotguns, and muzzleloaders. LimbSaver's AirTech line features atmospheric chambers that produce a substantial increase in performance through uniform energy dissipation, and it ...
- This shotgun recoil chart explores and compares the different recoil levels of 12 gauge, 20 gauge, 16 gauge, .410 more in an easy to use resource.
Oct 01, 2019 · 7mm-08 Remington has mild recoil, generous support in the ammunition industry, is known to be very accurate even out to longer ranges and is a proven hunting cartridge in North America, Africa and elsewhere, for any game short of the great bears or other dangerous game. You get all the benefits of .308, and less kick.
- Felt recoil is dependent upon several factors. Weight of the rifle, the load you’re shooting, the fit of the stock to your shoulder, and recoil velocity. Let’s say your long action .270 rifle, scope and cartridges weigh 8 lbs.
7mm-08 advice needed for a young shooter - Just found out that Pow-pow is getting TT01 Jr. A Remington 700 youth 7mm-08 for Christmas. I have zero experience with
- The 7×57mm Mauser (designated as the 7mm Mauser or 7×57mm by the SAAMI and 7 × 57 by the C.I.P.) is a first-generation smokeless powder rimless bottlenecked rifle cartridge. It is known as .275 Rigby in the United Kingdom. It was developed by Paul Mauser of the Mauser company in 1892 and adopted as a military cartridge by Spain in 1893.
7mm Mauser is one of my all time favorite loads. 7mm-08 seems to do the same work at the front with a bit more kick at the back. It's still moderately popular down here, but I still prefer the Mauser load. I'm surprised that with the success of the AR platform the 7mm-08 hasn't seen a renaissance.
- 7mm-08 Remington. The cross between a 243 and a 308 the 7mm-08, offers an incredible array of possibilities. This caliber has a tremendous following and for good reason. Paul Johnson mentioned the amount of versatility in tailoring loads, lack of recoil, incredible accuracy and great knock-down power.
Sep 10, 2020 · The 7mm-08 Remington, for instance, shoots the same weight/diameter bullets Bell shot, but with 200 to 300 feet-per-second more velocity. That’s the same velocity gap, 300 fps, between the 7mm-08 and 7mm Remington Magnum. Bullets are similarly improved.
- 2040x46 mm. 21Official Ammo Table. A complete list of all ammunition types in Escape from Tarkov. Recoil (%). Penetration Value. Projectile Count.
If you have a 270, why would you want to go to a 7mm-08? Performance is about the same, recoil about the same, price of ammo is about the same. 7mm-08 is a short action round (a necked down 308), while 270 is a long action round (270 is a necked down 3006). The only advantage is that you can shuck the bolt a little faster!